As per the Health and Safety Act of 2011 of Australia, height safety requirements and regulations are to be strictly followed for conducting business that involves working at a height. It ensures that the workforces and employers minimize the risk at the workplace and work with safety precautions maintaining health standards. The workplace should be compliant with the height safety regulations, and height safety certification should be taken from the concerned authorities at regular intervals.
As per the HS Act of 2011, any person working over 2 meters with 2m of fall edge needs to follow the height safety act. A qualified height safety expert can design and install the safety equipment. It is the expert who will determine the height safety equipment that is required to do a particular job. It may be guardrails, ladders, anchor points, or walkways to ensure the worker’s safety.
The Benefits Of Height Safety Certification
Many institutions have accreditation from the competent authorities in the country to pertain to the height safety certification course. The certificate holder can inspect the safety standards followed by any business working in a risky work environment. They are also authorized to check the quality and the conditions of the equipment at regular intervals and advise the changes required.
- The height safety certification course can gain the knowledge, experience, and skills necessary to work with the required tools and equipment a height above 2 meters. They can inspect a workplace and implement some equipment for the safety of the workers.
- The height safety certification helps to identify the risks at the workplace and eliminate them using the safety equipment. Regular inspection of the safety tools allows working, eliminating the risk of fatal injuries. You can hire such experts to maintain the height safety rules.
- With the height safety certification under the belt, one can give proper advice for using fall protection systems to the client. It is difficult to choose the right fall protection system for your workplace because you need to choose a system according to the nature of your job. In this case, certified professionals can help you to maintain the rules and they can suggest you the best height safety system for your company.
- It helps the employer to settle the industrial injury claim proactively and manage them without any legal disputes or penalty as the expert having height safety certification had sanctioned the safety standards maintained by the employer from time to time.
- It helps to comply with the statutory or legal requirements at the workplace. It minimizes the risk and responsibility of the employer while engaging the employees at risk work at some height.
- You can ask your employees to enroll in the height safety certification courses. It encourages the employees to be aware of the risks and take safety precautions while working at difficult positions at a height. The workers take the necessary steps to avoid untoward incidents at the workplace and stay safe while working.
Therefore, as an employer, providing service for maintenance or working at a height should get to know about the building compliance and the safety equipment needed, and the procedures to be followed working in these types of environments. Only a certified expert can inspect the building or the work area and can suggest the needful and provide a compliance certificate after the amendments are done.
Every business having risky work areas in Australia should be complainant with the Act and should get a compliance certificate from a certified height safety expert and stay safe. The employers, as well as the employees, should adhere to the guidelines and work safely and avoid industrial legal disputes.