As an employer, you’re responsible for sending your employees their W-2 forms by January 31. If you use QuickBooks Online, you can print and mail these forms to your employees directly from the software. Keep reading to find out how!
Table of Contents
What are W-2 forms?
W-2 forms are used to report an employee’s annual wages and withholding taxes. The form is issued by an employer to each employee at the end of the year.
- The W-2 form is also used to calculate an employee’s Social Security and Medicare taxes. These taxes are deducted from an employee’s paycheck each pay period.
- The W-2 form is divided into two parts: the wage and tax statements. The wage statement shows an employee’s gross wages, which is the total amount of money earned before any deductions are made. The tax statement shows the amount of federal, state, and local taxes withheld from an employee’s paycheck.
- To print W-2 forms in QuickBooks Online, go to the Taxes tab and select Print W-2s. Select the employees you want to include on the W-2 forms and then click Save and Print.
Requirements to Print W-2 Form in QuickBooks
- To print W-2 forms in QuickBooks Online, you must be using the Enhanced Payroll feature. You’ll also need to make sure that your company information and employee information is entered correctly.
- Once you have everything set up, you can print your W-2 forms by going to the Taxes menu and selecting Print/E-file Forms. From there, select the W-2 forms that you need to print.
If you have any questions on how to print w2 in quickbooks, feel free to reach out to our support team for assistance.
How Do I Print W-2 Form QuickBooks Online?
If you use QuickBooks Online, you may be wondering how to print W2 QuickBooks form. The process is actually quite simple.
- First, go to the Taxes section of QuickBooks Online. From there, select the Forms tab. Then, click on the W2 form.
- Next, select the year for which you need to print the W2 form. Then, click on the Print button.
- Finally, select the printer that you want to use and click on the Print button again. That’s it! Your W2 form will now print out.
How to Save, Print and Email Forms W2 with Adobe Reader?
It’s that time of year again where you have to print, save and email your W2 forms. Here’s a quick guide on how to do it with Adobe Reader.
- Open Adobe Reader and go to File > Open.
- Select the W2 form that you want to open and click Open.
- Once the form is open, go to File > Print.
- In the Print dialog box, select the printer that you want to use and click Print.
- The form will now start printing. Once it’s done, you can save it as a PDF or email it to your employer.
That’s all there is to it!
How to Print W-2 in QuickBooks Desktop?
- Click the Employees menu.
- Select Employee Center.
- Click the Payroll tab. In the Run Payroll section, click the Print/E-File Forms button.
- Select W-2/W-3 forms and then click the Continue button.
- In the File Form W-2/W-3 For dropdown, select the tax year you want to file for. If you want to file for multiple years, select them one at a time.
- In the File For dropdown, select All Employees if you want to file for all your employees at once. Otherwise, select a specific employee from the dropdown menu.
- Click the Next button when you’re done. On the next page, review your selections and then click the Proceed to Filing button when you’re ready to continue.
- On the final page, review your printing options and then click the Print Forms button when you’re ready to print your QuickBooks W2 forms.
- QuickBooks will generate your forms and then allow you to download them as a PDF file. You can also choose to have QuickBooks mail the forms directly to your employees (this will incur an additional fee).
How to Reprint Lost W2s in QuickBooks?
If you’re a QuickBooks Online user, you may be wondering how to reprint lost W2s. Luckily, it’s a pretty easy process!
- First, log into your QuickBooks Online account and go to the Taxes tab. Then, click on the “W-2s” sub-tab.
- Next, find the year for which you need to reprint the W2 and click on it. Then, click on the “Reprint” button.
- That’s all there is to it! QuickBooks Online will generate a new copy of the W2 that you can print and send to your employees.
If you’re not a QuickBooks Online user, you can still reprint lost W2s, but the process is a bit more complicated. You’ll need to contact the IRS directly to request copies of your employees’ W2s.
In QuickBooks Online, you can print your W-2s for your employees at any time. Simply navigate to the “Employees” tab and select the “Print W-2s” option from the drop-down menu. From there, you will be able to choose which year’s W-2s you would like to print and how many copies you need. After printing, be sure to mail each employee their W-2 so that they can file their taxes on time!
For more articles: https://edgeoverweb.com/