If chemical color fascinates you and you want to combine the science of chemicals with engineering and technology to contribute to the nation’s development, this is for you.
- A typical chemical engineer combines the advanced knowledge of maths, physics, chemistry, and biology to convert raw materials into products.
- Engineering is the field of practical knowledge. To land a decent job, Internships are a great way to earn practical knowledge.
- The average salary of a fresher chemical engineer ranges from 3LPA to 6LPA
Chemical engineering is the branch of engineering that focuses on designing and producing chemical reactions with the help of science and technology.
Initially, chemical engineering was limited to the research and development of the chemical domain, but as science progressed, chemical engineering combined with biology to produce consumer products, pharmaceuticals, food, etc., for human development.
In this mini-blog session, you will get to know the complete details about how to become a chemical engineer.
Stay tuned till the last word. You will get the most out of this blog.
Table of Contents
What Do Chemical Engineers Do?
A typical chemical engineer combines the advanced knowledge of maths, physics, chemistry, and biology to convert raw materials into products.
He/she can use his expanded knowledge to work in the domain of nanotechnology in advanced laboratories for production, consumer production, food, medicine, microorganisms, etc.
Eligibility Criteria to Become a Chemical Engineer
The following are the eligibility criteria for becoming a chemical engineer.
- The candidate should pass the higher secondary(10+2 ) in the science stream.
- The candidate must score not less than 75% in the relevant board examination.
- He/she must have cleared the engineering entrance examination like IIT-JEE and other state entrance examinations.
- Attempt the free JEE Mains Mocks test to know the latest examination trend.Polytechnic or other diploma holder students can also pursue chemical engineering. They have to pass the associate membership of the institute of engineering examination.
Steps to Become a Chemical Engineering
- Complete your high school certification with physics, chemistry, and maths streams.
- Prepare for the engineering entrance examination, JEE, and secure a good rank in the examination.
- Enroll in the chemical engineering branch from reputed institutes for engineering.
- Many reputed institutes offer various specialization courses in chemical engineering; some of them are
- Nuclear engineering
- Nanomaterials engineering
- Biochemical engineering
- Business and management
- Energy and environment engineering
- Petroleum and gas exploration
- Engineering is a branch of practical knowledge. To land a decent job, Internships are a great way to earn practical knowledge. It is very important to do an internship with reputed companies. It will not only brush your skills but also improve your resume score to increase your chance of being selected for big opportunities.
Nowadays, you can easily find a paid internship through which you can also earn to bear your expenses.
6. Do a master’s in chemical engineering from any recognized university in India or foreign.
7. Earn practical experience from internships and training.
8. Grab a job on your experience. The more your experience the more you grab the lucrative job.
Best Chemical Engineering Colleges in India With NIRF Ranking
Must read: TOP TEN ENGINEERING COLLEGES IN INDIA
|Chemical Engineering Colleges||NIRF’s Ranking|
|Institute of Chemical Technology(ICT) Mumbai||13|
|Jadavpur university Calcutta||14|
|National Institute of Technology Rourkela||16|
|Vellore institute of technology(VIT), Vellore||17|
|Calcutta institute of technology, Howrah||19|
Salary of Chemical Engineer in India
The salary of a chemical engineer varies according to the experience they have. The average salary of a fresher engineer range from 3LPA to 6LPA. As your work experience increase, your salary increases. The highest package a chemical engineer can grab is more than ten lakhs per annum.
Frequently Asked Questions(FAQs)
Q1. How many years does it take to become a chemical engineer in India?
Ans- Usually, it takes 5-6 years to become a successful chemical engineer.
Q2. How to become a chemical engineer in India after the 12th?
Ans- Follow the steps to become a chemical engineer in India.
- Crack the Joint Entrance Examination(JEE Mains and Advanced).
- Enroll in India’s best engineering institutes that offer chemical engineering.
- Complete bachelor’s in chemical engineering.
- Do Internships from authorized organizations.
- You can also pursue a master’s program to enrich your skills and increase the value of your degree.
- Grab a job on your practical skills.
Q3. What is the salary of chemical engineers in India?
Ans- The average salary of a fresher engineer range from 3LPA to 6LPA, and it varies according to experience.