Enhance IELTS Preparation
IELTS or International English Language Testing System assesses English skills based on four fundamental aspects like writing, speaking, listening and reading. In most cases, preparing for IELTS means hours of reading and sitting. But in this article, we will share some top tips to Enhance IELTS preparation. These steps below will help you prepare for and pass the exam.
IELTS Preparation Tips
In most cases, preparing for IELTS means hours of reading and sitting. But in this article, we will share some top tips to Enhance IELTS preparation.
Prepare for IELTS Using These Amazing Tips
Read and Read More
It will be better if you have an amazing English to English dictionary to find out the meaning of unknown words. However, the following checklist will help you with the process.
Make Sure You Know What’s Needed In Each Reading Task
- Scam and hover over text to create a general image
- Follow all instructions carefully
- Remember to find the main vocabulary in the text
- Work on the organization of the text
- Do not check the dictionary until you have completed the whole task to check the answers
- Read the English newspaper magazines in the morning
Study the Vocabulary
Teachers ask students to place the appropriate words in context as quickly as possible. They can do this by reading the text frequently. The more new words you are exposed to, the better your vocabulary will be. As you read, pay close attention to new terms and underline or highlight them with a marker. Try to understand their real meanings from the supporting context.
Then check the actual meanings in the dictionary. Listen to difficult materials like English news so you can encounter many new words. Once you’ve learned the new word and its meaning, try practicing using it in different sentences. Introducing new words will help you understand the language fluently. You can practice the vocabulary in the following way.
- Save phrases and expressions to use in different academic contexts
- Use a monolingual dictionary to check the correct arrangement of words
- Save meaningful and useful phrases related to any topic
- Do not implement too many difficult words
- Practice writing and speaking in English
- Read websites, newspapers and magazines to learn more
Improve Your Writing Skills
Word recording is an integral part of IELTS test preparation. Make up a sentence and definition, using a word to check it later for future reference. For example, the term “huge” means enormous, which is comparable in meaning to the words enormous, colossal, and expansive. Here are some tips to improve your writing skills for the IELTS exam.
- Practice writing over time to improve your speed
- The IELTS Task 2 writing exam has more points and is longer, so allow plenty of time for this
- Do not complete answers below the minimum word limit
- Analyze questions carefully before answering them
- Allow more time to edit answers
- Check if you answered all parts correctly or not
Practicing Listening Skills
You can improve your English listening skills by paying attention to the news and writing the headlines to analyze them later on your own. The tips below will help you prepare for the IELTS listening module.
Use Prep Time to Focus on Content
After answering the questions, listen again and discover the errors
During the exam, you can only hear the recording once, so remember not to pause the recording during practice
Pronunciation and Fluency Exercise
The speaking segment consists of three parts of a brief introduction, a structured interview and free discussions. Consistent practice is the main key to success in this segment of IELTS. To improve pronunciation and fluency, the tips below will help.
- Practice regularly talking to a friend for at least 10 minutes
- Record your speech while speaking
- Speak loudly in English whenever possible with new phrases
To Wrap Up
The tips mentioned above will surely help you to be ready for the IELTS exam. However, your success on the test will depend on your practice and commitment. A combination of these two, along with hard work, will give you a splendid chance of achieving the desired exam results. You can contact the best IELTS coaching institute for more tips and tricks.
How Will IELTS Classes in Pune Help You With IELTS Preparation?
IELTS coaching classes in Pune is the premier IELTS training and coaching institute. We have two modes of training – IELTS Training and Classroom IELTS Training. You can attend classes through the Zoom platform.
Our live lessons include live sessions by a British Council certified trainer. You will also get recording of live sessions for review purposes. Our IELTS training is a one stop solution for students. You will also have access to the IELTS portal which includes grammar lessons, expert tips and tricks, over 120 hours of self-study lessons, mock test – cut and comprehensive test. We will provide you with a textbook designed by IELTS experts covering all 4 modules – Reading, Writing, Listening and Speaking. All these resources provided by IELTS Classes in Pune will help and guide you to achieve that 7+ band score in the IELTS exam. You can contact our experts to learn more about the IELTS course.
Also read: Which to Take – IELTS on Computer vs. IELTS on Paper?