The population of Foreign students is getting higher every year when it comes to studying in Canada as compared to other countries. Canada is not only preferred only for its outstanding academic outlook but also for its internship opportunity & stay back option after graduation. Undoubtfully, Canada is one of the top selected destinations among the Asian students when it comes to studies abroad.
However, the universities of Canada has very low tuition fees, there are some scholarships offered by the universities of Canada which any international student wouldn’t want to miss in order to seek some financial aid and reduce the cost of living in Canada. Here is the list of top Scholarships provided by the universities of Canada for all the Indian students who are dreaming of studying in Canada.
UBC International Leader of Tomorrow Award
This scholarship is offered to all the Indian and international students who are applying for undergraduate programmes and accepted by the University of British Columbia. The objective of this scholarship is to cover all your tuition and living expenses while studying in Canada. It might interest you that it can be renewed for all 3 years of your undergraduate programme. The number of seats for applying for this scholarship is not fixed.
- You must have an excellent academic record
- You must have great achievements in the fields of Sports, Theatre, Music etc.
- You must be elected by your school for this scholarship
- You must take and clear English Proficiency Test
Vanier Canada Scholarship
Vanier CGS is offered to students specifically who are applying for doctorate-level intending to expand their excellence in health, engineering, research, Humanities and learning. The amount of this scholarship is 50,000 CAD per year. The application of Vanier CGS begins in April and ends in November.
- You must connect with the host establishment to get nominated
- You must have an excellent academic record
- You must not hold any other scholarship
- You must submit the necessary documents and forms to the faculty on time
President’s Scholarship for World Leaders
As the title well defines itself, students will excellent leadership qualities and academic record can apply for this scholarship at the University of Winnipeg. The amount of scholarship is 5000 CAD. The application of President’s Scholarship for World Leaders begins in July and ends in October.
- You must have excellent Leadership skills
- You must have an exceptional academic record
- You must have your proof of citizenship stating that you are an international student
Ontario Graduate Scholarship
OGS is awarded for graduate students who wish to complete their Masters and PhD programme in the universities assisted with Ontario. The amount of Ontario Graduate Scholarship is 15,000 CAD per year. This scholarship aims to cover your Tuition fees only. Students applying for Masters programme receives the scholarship for 2 years and students who apply for the doctoral programme receives the scholarship for 4 years.
- You must attain a minimum of 80% in your academics
- Both Canadian and International students are eligible for this scholarship. You must have proof of identity. For international students, you must have your Canadian study permit
- You must have leadership and other qualities as well
- You must take and clear English proficiency test
- You must have some experience in Voluntary work and extracurricular activities
University of Manitoba Graduate Fellowship
UMGF scholarship is offered to all the graduate students who wish to complete their master’s and doctoral programme at the University of Manitoba in any field of study. The amount offered for Master’s programme is CAD 14,000 and for Doctoral programme is 18,000 (For one year). The validity of UMGF scholarship is 12-24 months.
- For admission, you must have a GPA score of 3.0
- Your Masters or Doctoral programme should be eligible for tri-council funding
Hira and Kamal Ahuja Award
The University of Waterloo is offering Hira and Kamal Ahuja award to Indian eligible and excellent students from Thapar University (Punjab) or IIT who wishes to complete their Full-Time Engineering programme abroad. The amount of this scholarship is CAD 20,000.
- You must acquire a minimum of 80% in academics
- You must enrol for Full-Time Master’s or Doctoral programme with a valid Canadian study permit
- You must take and clear English Proficiency test
Mentioned above are some of the best scholarships awarded by the government and universities of Canada to Indian and international students. For further information about scholarships in Canada, contact Admissify today. Admissify scholarship & application experts have helped many aspiring students up and down the country to achieve top scholarships and tuition fee at the world’s top-ranked universities. Call us to find out how we can help you with your admission for free. Visit our office today and get all the necessary information related to scholarship in Canada or visit www.admissify.com for more information and get connected with us today.