In light of environmental pollution and industrial development, it is certain that you will find a family member suffering from allergies in one of its different forms, including skin allergy. In this article, we will provide a simple explanation of everything the reader is interested in about skin sensitivity and its types, and ways of prevention and treatment as well.
Allergy symptoms are often similar in terms of rash and itching
Have you ever experienced symptoms of the urge to scratch and scratch your skin?
In light of environmental pollution and industrial development, it is certain that you will find a family member suffering from allergies in one of its different forms, including skin allergy.
Skin allergy is not a disease in itself, but rather a health symptom that sometimes accompanies some skin diseases, or other general diseases in the body at other times.
In this article, we will provide a simple explanation of everything the reader is interested in about skin sensitivity and its types, and ways of prevention and treatment as well.
What is a skin allergy:
The skin is the outermost covering of the human body and is the first gateway to defense for our internal organs. This cover is always exposed to various external factors and influences, and is also affected by the health condition of the body from the inside, and thus a state of chemical changes occur on the body as a result of exposure to these effects, leading to rashes, blisters, bubbles, or exfoliations of the skin accompanied by itching or other symptoms depending on the location That influenced him.
Therefore, it can be said that an allergy is a reaction that depends on the strength of the agonist, the extent to which the body reacts to it, and on the extent of immunity and resistance with which the body fights it.
Types of skin sensitivity:
There are many types that differ in the cause, but the symptoms are often similar in terms of the occurrence of rashes and itching.
1 – severe skin allergy:
The person will have severe skin irritation, redness, and a rash may appear.
2 – Chronic sensitivity of the skin:
This type of skin allergy may appear to anyone at any age, its causes are unclear and its symptoms may last for a long period of time.
3 – frictional dermatitis:
It is a type of dermatitis, and it often occurs when a person is exposed to a substance that irritates the skin, such as cement, soap, or various chemicals.
Symptoms of skin sensitivity:
It must be drawn to the reader’s attention that the sensitivity may be local (as it appears on the place that has been exposed to an external stimulus) or comprehensive to different areas of the body.
1- Intense itching in most parts of the body, which increases at night.
2- A rash on some parts of the body, such as the hands and feet, or in most parts of the body.
3- Redness of the areas of sensitivity and their shape either as lines, circular or redness only.
What are the causes of skin allergies?
- Skin allergies appear at all ages, in children and adults, women and men, and they are not limited by age or gender according to plastic surgeon in Islamabad.
- There are many causes for the emergence of skin allergy, but some individuals are more susceptible to allergies than others. This predisposition may be hereditary, as some families have a widespread susceptibility to allergies to different generations.
- It is also certain that the unstable psychological state (such as anxiety, stress, depression, sadness and anger) may cause the emergence of sensitivity in some people.
To clarify the causes of skin allergies, we will divide them into the following sections:
1- Causes of skin allergies associated with some skin diseases:
- It is a group of skin diseases that cause severe skin itching, such as: scabies, head bugs, eczema, urticaria, lichen, rashes and others.
- It may also be one of the symptoms that the elderly complain of as a result of dry skin in general cases or even in the dry winter season.
2- Causes of skin allergies as a result of general diseases:
Skin sensitivity may be an important indicator for some diseases that affect the internal body systems, the most important of which are:
- Glandular diseases: such as a deficiency or an increase in the secretion of thyroid hormone.
· Kidney failure.
- Blood diseases: (such as iron deficiency anemia)
- Lymphomas – leukemia – and cancerous tumors in general.
- Intestinal parasites such as Ascaris.
- Pregnancy and the hormonal changes that may accompany it cause itchy skin.
- Drug interaction: (Allergic drug reaction)
(Whether these drugs are in the form of drugs, creams, creams, syrups, or intravenous or intramuscular injections), and among the medicines that are known to cause allergies are the following:
(All types of penicillins and cephalosporins, some vaccines and antivenom, iodides to treat thyroiditis, chlorine and fluorine, and some analgesic drugs)
Severe drug sensitivity may lead to a severe drop in blood circulation and contraction of the tracheal muscles, and thus shortness of breath and suffocation .. These are dangerous symptoms that the patient cannot neglect or underestimate.
3- External causes
- Using some detergents, such as washing powder and soap.
- Exposure to the sun, for example, to dust.
- Insect bites and touching some animals.
- Itchy skin due to exposure to cold.
- Sensitivity to a certain type of clothing or upholstery fabric.
- Some minerals (gold, chromium, iron and copper).
- Sensitivity to a certain type of cosmetic or perfume.
- Weeds, shrubs, and flowers.
- Petroleum derivatives and building materials.
Some foods that cause skin sensitivity, and here are simple examples:
- Dairy, especially formula milk (it is the most common allergen in infants under the age of one year).
- Some types of protein such as fish, cheese, legumes, eggs and nuts, among others.
- Canned goods: either from the influence of the foodstuffs themselves, or from the materials used in the canning process, or from the same cans.
- Colored foodstuffs: especially the industrial coloring of some foods and beverages.
- Beverages: such as mango juice, strawberry and cola.