The skincare routine is very essential for all skin types, but for oily skin, it is quite demanding and challenging. Skin Care Routine for an Oily Skin can be a little frustrating and complex, especially during this Lockdown. People having oily skin, or very much acquainted in getting zits and acne, and wearing masks, these days are causing a major issue called Maskacne. We can’t risk our health and skin at the same time. However, the Oily Skin Issue can be rectified by using the right skincare products and tools. So, here are some of the trending skincare products of 2020 that has been quite successful in providing 100% results to the Greasy and Buttery Skin. But before heading to the products, it is very much important to know about the skincare routine for healthy skin.
Table of Contents
Skincare Routine for a Perfect Healthy and Oil-Free Skin
Your Skin is as important as your body. To take care of an oily complexion, it is very important to keep your face clean, to avoid clogging of pores. So, here or the step by step process of how you can maintain a skin skincare activity during this lockdown.
- Make sure that you cleanse your face twice (AM and PM). Cleansing and Exfoliating your face will extract excessive oils and reduce the building of pores. Even if your skin is fresh in the night, make sure to give it a clean.
- Apply a Toner, that contains either one of these- Salicylic Acid, Glycolic Acid, or Lactic Acid. Use a cotton pad while applying a toner.
- Then use a moisturizer or serum. Massage evenly in circular movements to sculpt and ease the blood flow of your face a little. This will help in improving the lymphatic drainage on your skin.
- Use a beauty tool, (If required) to soothe and relax your skin. There are hundreds of products that are available in the market. But, choosing the right tool for an Oily Skin is difficult. Using a Jade or Rose Quartz Roller after moisturizing skin can give you a bonus glow to the skin. These tools minimize the pores resulting in less oil production, and wrinkling of the skin. The Beauty Rollers are quite affordable and come up with amazing benefits for your body.
So, now that you have got an idea of how to prep your skin and keep it nourished for a longer time. So, here are some of the best skincare must-haves for oily skin.
Using A Good Hydrating Moisturizer and Serum
Moisturizers and Serums are or treat to healthy skin. Having Good Moisture will help your skin fight from zits and acne. Since, these days, we mostly stay in masks, therefore, make sure that you choose the right moisturizer and serum.
If you have acne-prone skin, then we highly recommend using a sulfur-based or benzoyl-peroxide skin cream to curb oil production and prevent breakouts. In the night time, go for the facial cream or serum having retinol. This will help your skin soothe and relax. You can get a good moisturizer from the LA MER Black Friday 2020 Sale. These products are recommended by many Beauty Gurus such as Jeffree Star, James Charles, Patrick Star, and many more.
A Good Cleanser
Nowadays, cleansers come in varieties. There are Cleansing Oils, Foaming Face wash, Exfoliating Powders, Gel Cleaners, and whatnot. But choosing the right face cleanser, and that too for oily skin is very crucial. These skin textures are very prone to blackheads and whiteheads. Therefore, for oily skin, we recommend using a cleanser having salicylic acid. Some other ingredients that are good for greasy skin are Green Tea, Tea-Tree, Banana, etc.
Facial Cleansing Tools
Cleansing your face with hands can remove 50 to 60% of dirt and oils, but using a good facial cleanser can remove 90 to 95% of the dirt and makeup. The Facial Cleansing Tools works on various sectors that are indirectly connected to your skin such as the climate you live in, your diet habits, hydration levels while removing that excess oils from the skin.
A Skin Perfecting Toner and Mattifying Sunscreen
Exfoliate Your Skin using a toner that contains – Salicylic Acid/ Glycolic Acid/ Lactic Acid. Toners help your skin to open up the pores. Finish up with a Matte Sunscreen with an SPF of 30 or more.
Eye Cream and Lip Care
At a certain age, our skin tends to become a little saggy around the eyes, and lips which later causes wrinkles, under-eye patches, fine lines, and much more. Therefore, make sure that you end up your skin routine by applying a good dollop of eye cream and lip balm.
Face Masks and Sheet Masks
Face Masks, are amazing, as it gives you a healthy and tight skin. But choosing the right face mask for the skin is difficult. Therefore, go for Clay Masks. They will leave your skin tight and mattified, giving you a natural glow. Use it once or twice a week for a good result.
You can also use Sheet Masks as well. These are other amazing products, that will give you the right amount of hydration to your skin. Choose Sheet Masks, that are specially meant for the greasy skin.
Finish Up Your Skin Care Routine with a facial mist. These will help your skin to exercise the cells and removing the dead cells. If you do not want to apply moisturizers, toners, or serum you can skip that and just use only the mist for healthy and hydrated skin.
Makeup Must-Haves for a Greasy Skin
If you fall under the category of Oily Skin, then we highly recommended you invest your hard-earned money in the following products.
- Use an Oil-Free Primer or Pore-Minimizing Primer before make-up.
- Oil-Free Compacts of your natural shade for a perfectly natural shine-free finish.
- Mineral Foundation that mattifies the skin with good coverage and SPF.
- Blotting Papers are one of the best make-up necessities for Oily Skin. These products don’t smudge your makeup but reduce the oil texture from your T-Zone Area.
- Makeup Setting Spray to last your makeup the entire day.
A Real Skin will have textures, pores, and the occasional blemish. But our goal is to achieve a healthy, and nourished skin. So, try to follow a good routine, with a healthy diet and sleep. So, Let’s fight this COVID-19 and MaskAcne with a Good Skincare Routine. Thanks for Reading.