Outlook is an email service that helps you manage your emails. You can use it in your business or for your studies. There are many features on this platform. If you want to refresh your Outlook email, then here are the steps that you can follow and find the answer to how to refresh in Outlook Email.
Table of Contents
Automatically Refresh the Inbox in Outlook Email on Windows
In a few steps, we have explained clearly how to refresh Outlook automatically:
- First, open “Outlook” on your device.
- Click on the “Send/Receive” button.
- Then tap on the drop-down menu of “Send/Receive Groups” and click “Define Send/Receive Groups.
- Look at the “All Accounts” section and locate “Schedule an Automatic Send or Receive Every” and click on it.
- There you will find the “Minutes” value. Change that according to your needs. By default, it is set to 30 minutes.
Always remember not to enter a lower number, as it could cause duplicate mail entries in your inbox.
- Close the dialogue box and check whether the setting is doing its work or not.
You can also change the same settings for all of your Outlook accounts.
- After clicking on “Send/Receive Groups”, locate “Settings for Group All Accounts” from the drop-down menu and click on it.
- Then follow the same steps again and set the time accordingly. Be aware while choosing the refresh time to protect against duplication.
Auto-Refreshing the Outlook Email Contacts and Calendar
Although you can always trigger the refresh or update of your Outlook email folder by pressing F9, if you want it to refresh automatically, then follow these steps:
- Open “Outlook”, Click on the “Send/Receive” button.
- Then expand the “Send/Receive Groups” drop-down menu.
- Click on the “Edit” button.
- Make sure you have marked your email account that is shown on the left side of the opened window.
- Also, tick the “Contact” and Calendar boxes from the underlined section to activate auto-sync for them.
In this way, you can activate refreshing Outlook emails along with their other services.
Refresh Outlook Email Inbox Automatically on Mac
If you are using Outlook email accounts on your Mac, then to enable auto-refresh and shorten the synchronization interval of your Outlook folders, follow these steps:
- Open “Outlook” on your Mac device.
- On the panel of the open window, you will see Exchange Account, Gmail, Hotmail, or Outlook.com.
- Right-click on that and click on “Account Settings.”
- A “Accounts” dialogue box will open on your screen.
- Click on the “Advanced” button located at the bottom of the screen.
- Locate the tab “Server”. Choose the interval of the synchronization according to your needs. The minimum value is 2 minutes.
- Click ok.
Close the dialogue box to see the results of the changed settings.
Manually Update the Inbox of Outlook Email
Outlook refresh can also be resolved by manually updating it. There are mainly two ways to manually refresh your Outlook inbox.
- Select the inbox that you want to refresh.
- Press f9 on your keyboard.
- Wait until the refresh bar comes to an end.
- And you are done.
This is the easiest way to refresh manually, but in some cases when it doesn’t work, follow these:
- Locate the Send or Receive tab.
- Click on the “Send or Receive All Folders” button.
- It will instantly update or refresh your Outlook mailbox.
Facing Issues While Refreshing the Outlook Email
While working on Outlook, refresh issues may irritate your workflow. The disruptive outlook refresh won’t let you work efficiently. So let’s try to troubleshoot these issues:
- A stable network: the internet connection you are using must be reliable and stable. A high-speed network will also speed up the refresh rate on Outlook, resulting in no more delays in your work.
- Outlook configurations: check for delays in sending or receiving emails in the settings section of Outlook.
- Interference with other apps: sometimes other apps on your device, mainly antivirus programs, may interfere with Outlook, which could delay the refresh. Disabling them could enhance the application’s performance.
- Close the background apps. Your internet connection may slow down sometimes due to the apps running in the background. Closing them may resolve the issue.
- Customer Support: When nothing works, contact Microsoft support without delay.
Why Is It Important to Refresh Emails in Outlook?
- You may get a delay in replying to an urgent message because, due to an Outlook refresh issue, you couldn’t get it on time.
- It saves time, as sometimes refreshing your inbox mail, contacts, and calendar manually could take more time. So always turn on automatic updates.
- The content in your Outlook account will always be up-to-date.
- In a fast-paced world, even a minute’s delay in any crucial information can cost you more.
It’s necessary to keep all your accounts on Outlook updated for an efficient and effective way of writing.
Refreshing your mailbox is necessary at shorter intervals to maintain an updated and organized inbox. It can be a big problem in your workflow, as delays in receiving important emails can impact the efficiency of your work. So use these techniques to refresh your Outlook emails and get your new emails easily.